Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Do you believe in parallel dimensions?

  1. #21
    Inactive Member toymank's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    6,855
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    technically, you could call every tiem you make a decision "creating a parrellel dimension" because you chose to do something a certain way, and not the other way... either that, or a mirror is one

    ...whoa man, yer blowin' my mind!


    EDIT; basically, the same thing that Ripper said [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ April 15, 2005 10:56 PM: Message edited by: That Toymank Bastard ]</font>

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Originally posted by dropshipbob:
    I swear, one time when my wife and I were in a local Wal-Mart, I was looking around, and I SWEAR...everyone in the store for about 10 minutes looked like they were from the 70's!
    I got a bit freaked. Like we time shifted for a bit. But I guess thats not the same as a parallel dimension.

    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That wasn't a parallel dimension.

    That was just Wal Mart.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's a mind bender. Say you and I witness an event such as a head on collision between a car and a truck. I saw a car run into a truck (my perception therefore my universe). You saw a truck run into a car(your perception and your universe). There's my truth, your truth and what actually happened. Three parallel universes.

    However...

    If an event happens and no one witnesses it...does it really happen? Yes, the classic tree falling in the woods poser.

    My take? I'm not sure that anything that happens outside of my perception actually happens. In other words, if I'm not seeing it or hearing it right now...it doesn't exist. Which makes my universe a very high maintenance universe. Everytime I experience something, meet someone or hear things...my universe has to scramble to create the sets, locations, actors and backstory just so I can go, "oh yeah, I remember you! I talked to you on the board 5 minutes ago." [img]wink.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member madadman's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,558
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Andyman:
    Here's a mind bender. Say you and I witness an event such as a head on collision between a car and a truck. I saw a car run into a truck (my perception therefore my universe). You saw a truck run into a car(your perception and your universe). There's my truth, your truth and what actually happened. Three parallel universes.

    However...

    If an event happens and no one witnesses it...does it really happen? Yes, the classic tree falling in the woods poser.

    My take? I'm not sure that anything that happens outside of my perception actually happens. In other words, if I'm not seeing it or hearing it right now...it doesn't exist. Which makes my universe a very high maintenance universe. Everytime I experience something, meet someone or hear things...my universe has to scramble to create the sets, locations, actors and backstory just so I can go, "oh yeah, I remember you! I talked to you on the board 5 minutes ago." [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">See what too much Star Trek will do to you? [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Street Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2004
    Posts
    7,350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's not a prison if you never try the door~

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Moviemaniac4's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    11,803
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Cool

    Originally posted by madadman:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Andyman:
    Here's a mind bender. Say you and I witness an event such as a head on collision between a car and a truck. I saw a car run into a truck (my perception therefore my universe). You saw a truck run into a car(your perception and your universe). There's my truth, your truth and what actually happened. Three parallel universes.

    However...

    If an event happens and no one witnesses it...does it really happen? Yes, the classic tree falling in the woods poser.

    My take? I'm not sure that anything that happens outside of my perception actually happens. In other words, if I'm not seeing it or hearing it right now...it doesn't exist. Which makes my universe a very high maintenance universe. Everytime I experience something, meet someone or hear things...my universe has to scramble to create the sets, locations, actors and backstory just so I can go, "oh yeah, I remember you! I talked to you on the board 5 minutes ago." [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">See what too much Star Trek will do to you? [img]wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But...but...Star Trek IS real !!!!

    [img]eek.gif[/img]

    SHIELDS !!!! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *Andyman's universe kicks into high gear setting up a visual image of this board, sends memory data to retrieval nodes, builds messy computer room that is in desperate need of cleaning and.....engage!*

    Hey I remember this thread! I posted in here yesterday, right?

    *Andyman's universe kicks back with a smoke until his short attention span demands the next set change*

  8. #28
    Inactive Member The Mighty Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    1,940
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Originally posted by Andyman:
    Here's a mind bender. Say you and I witness an event such as a head on collision between a car and a truck. I saw a car run into a truck (my perception therefore my universe). You saw a truck run into a car(your perception and your universe). There's my truth, your truth and what actually happened. Three parallel universes.

    However...

    If an event happens and no one witnesses it...does it really happen? Yes, the classic tree falling in the woods poser.

    My take? I'm not sure that anything that happens outside of my perception actually happens. In other words, if I'm not seeing it or hearing it right now...it doesn't exist. Which makes my universe a very high maintenance universe. Everytime I experience something, meet someone or hear things...my universe has to scramble to create the sets, locations, actors and backstory just so I can go, "oh yeah, I remember you! I talked to you on the board 5 minutes ago." [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So what you're saying, is that we're all props for the Andyman show? [img]wink.gif[/img]

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Andyman:
    *Andyman's universe kicks back with a smoke until his short attention span demands the next set change*
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*snatches cigarette away from Fluffy's Universe* Smoking is bad for you! *takes long drag, flicks cigarette out window and into neighboring Universe, where it starts a brush fire that eventually engulfs Earth #723492110756*

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •